As many of you know, I’m a kindergarten and elementary teacher in South Korea. Most of my posts are about teaching, travel, or life in South Korea. But in honor of the fact that it’s Valentine’s day weekend, here are 14 things that I love, in no particular order.
- Blue cheese. On salads, with apples, everywhere all the time, yes.
- A really good poetry reading/poetry slam. Before I left Seattle last year, I got a little obsessed with literary events. The truth is, my car broke down while I was on my way home from a poetry reading in Bellingham.
- Indian food
- and Thai food…
- the smell of Washington, and evergreen forests, and the feeling of your hand brushing by a wet fern frond and soft earth covered in pine needles and the crack of Hemlock trees in the wind and so much about my home state.
- Studio Ghibli movies.
- Knowing looks
- My kindergartner’s short stories
- Indonesian coffee. Dark roasts in general. French press.
- Rural drives on rainy days.
- Totoro t-shirts
- Skyping with people who really should be closer
Happy Valentine’s day everyone!